Vacuum cleaner is one of the most commonly used appliance in homes for cleaning carpets, walls and other surfaces. Earlier, people used to spend hours for cleaning carpets, walls and other surfaces, but with the coming up of this appliance people are able to complete the cleaning process within few minutes.
Several models of vacuum cleaners are available in the market, which make it difficult for the people to choose the best model. Moreover, if you are completely unknown about the working of this appliance, then you will find it more difficult to choose the best model.
In this article, we will be discussing about some of the frequently asked questions about this appliance, which will help you to know more about the appliance. So, let’s have a look at some of the frequently asked questions about a vacuum cleaner:
How does a canister and upright vacuum differ from each other?
A canister vacuum cleaner is better than an upright vacuum because it can easily adapt different functions. Like an upright vacuum cleaner, canister vacuum cleaner can easily deal with the carpets. However, canister vacuum models are also best in cleaning floors, removing dirt from the corners and vacuuming stairs, which makes it a better option than an upright vacuum.
Is it better to buy a bag less vacuum cleaner model or a vacuum cleaner with a bag?
Both the vacuum cleaners are on the same level because both models clean phenomenally well. However, a bag less vacuum cleaner will save you from troubles such as buying extra bags, cleaning the dust containers after regular intervals and many more. So, it is your choice to select a vacuum cleaner with a bag or bag less cleaner.
Does buying a model with highest amps will result in better cleaning?
If you think buying a model with highest amps will result in better cleaning, then you are absolutely wrong. A vacuum cleaner model is simply dependent upon its suction power, airflow and other important factors and not on the amps. Amps are the measurements of the electricity current used by the appliance and buying a model will highest amps will consume more power and increase your electricity bill heavily.
Attachments are responsible for what purpose?
You need to use different attachments for cleaning different surfaces.
- When you are cleaning carpets, then you need to use motorized power nozzle for better results.
- For cleaning walls and floors, floor/wall brush must be used to remove dust.
- To remove dust from large appliances such as air conditioners and drawers, you should use the crevice tool.
- Upholstery attachment must be used for cleaning mattresses and curtains.
- For removing dust from lampshades and other small appliances, you should use the dusting brush.
How many times you should run a vacuum cleaner over the carpet to get it clean?
If you are living in a high traffic area, then you should run a vacuum cleaner over a carpet for six to seven times and if you are living in a low traffic area, then run it for three to four times. If you are too conscious about the dirt, then you should prefer to buy a vacuum cleaner with dirt sensor as it will inform you when an area is totally cleaned.
A vacuum cleaner bag should be replaced after how many uses?
Vacuum cleaner bags come with an indicator line and if your bag has crossed that line, then it is the time to replace it. A modern vacuum bag comes with check bag indicator lights that make it easy for the user to check the bag and replace it when it is full. However, to be on the safe side, you should always check the dirt level in a vacuum bag before replacing it.
How often you should change the filter?
You do not need to replace the filter as often as the vacuum cleaner bag. You should only replace the filter if it is excessively dirty or damaged. HEPA filters which are responsible for removing the dirt particles should be replaced after every six months. You should take help of the manual to locate the filter and identifying the best options available for your model.
What is the appropriate height of the nozzle?
According to the carpet’s height, you should set the nozzle adjustment. You also set the adjustment setting as low for a low level carpet and the highest adjustment for high quality costly carpet. If you selected the appropriate level, then you only need to push the vacuum cleaner with a normal effort.
When you should replace the belt?
At times you see that the vacuum cleaner is not cleaning too well or the beater bar is not turning, then it is the perfect time to replace the belt. First of all, you should unplug the appliance because if it is turned on unexpectedly during replacing the belt, then you might hurt yourself badly. Now, take help of the manual and follow the step by step guide to replace the belt.
What should be done if the appliance is not picking up the dirt?
- If the appliance is not able to pick up the dirt, then you should take a look at the appliance and look for any damages. If you see that the belt is broken or the brush roll isn’t moving, then you should replace the damaged item with a new one. Moreover, you should also check if there is a full bag or other blockage that can affect the appliance performance.
- Sometimes, the appliance is not able to pick up the dirt because of the new carpet. A new carpet sheds more fibre, which fills the bag too quickly and blocks the air stream. After having looked out for these problems and are still not able to solve the issue, then you should visit a service centre.
Is it safe to use powder fresheners?
If you have bought a top rated vacuum cleaner, then powders are absolutely safe to use. Powder fresheners can block the vacuum cleaner bag and you need to replace the bag more frequently.
What is the procedure of vacuuming Oriental rug?
- Oriental rugs are very fragile, which means you need to be extremely carefully while vacuuming them. In order to maintain them in the best condition, it is necessary that you clean them often.
- Cleaning oriental run with an upright vacuum cleaner? Then it would be better to switch off the agitator brush. The fringe, you should be slightly tipped up from the front and push it off the carpet. This will help in cleaning and the agitator brush will not catch it.
- If you own a canister vacuum cleaner, then you should make sure that the bare floor brush is used for cleaning the carpet and upholstery attachment for the fringe. Moreover, you should also not forget to change the rug occasionally to vacuum it from beneath.
How often should you vacuum?
If you are living in a high traffic area, then you should vacuum each day as a lot of dust is collected in the house because of high traffic and pollution. But, if you are living in an area that has a low traffic, then you should vacuum twice or thrice in a week. In order to obtain the best results, you should gently roll the appliance over the carpet and other surfaces.
These are some of the frequently asked questions by a new user, who is planning to buy this appliance. Now, you have got a basic idea about the appliance, which will help you in picking the best model.
However, before making a purchase there are certain factors which must be considered thoroughly. So, let’s have a look at some of the important which must be considered before making a sure to buy the best model in the industry according to your budget.
You should first evaluate your building size and the surface area and then buy a vacuum cleaner whose motor size is large enough to deal with your prerequisites.
Commercial vacuum cleaners are quite heavy as compared to the residential models. So, you must take this factor into consideration before buying a commercial vacuum cleaner as a heavy model can lead to back pain and other issues.
You should decide whether you need to buy a removable or non-removable filter. It is better to buy a removable filter as you can replace it yourself and non-removable filters can only be replaced by the professionals, which might cost you a lot of money.
You should buy a vacuum cleaner with different speed controls as it will help you to easily clean different surfaces in a quick period of time.
These are some of the important factors, which must be considered before making a purchase. These factors will help you to buy the best model as it will not only allow you to vacuum with comfort, but will also make sure the surface is cleaned properly.